Welcome to the Office of Carlos F. Silva, DPM
In the event of a charge of DUI
- It is not unreasonable to question whether the police properly conducted the field sobriety tests.
- The testimony of an arresting officer is based on observations that are completely accurate.
- The terms of how the defendant was able to walk at the time of arrest may question his DUI charge.
When a person stumbles, makes a misstep or has an awkward gait
- Drinking or under the influence of drugs may not necessarily be the culprit to your akward gait.
- Faulty foot biomechanics, a previous injury, and other medical conditions can affect how the defendant walks or moves.
By performing a comprehensive gait analysis in our office
- Demonstrate the presence of either an underlying foot or health issue.
- Refute the police officer's observation of how the defendant was able to walk at the time of arrest.
- In a court of law, this information can be essential to proving a defendant is innocent of a DUI charge.